Janglo Shir Hadash Community Beit Midrash
Four weeks of learning in Kislev – December
Shir Hadash is a dedicated to inspiring Jewish identity through study and action that is joyous and passionate. Our Community Beit Midrash for English speaking adults welcomes active and engaged participants of every level of Jewish learning. We are happy to welcome new teachers and students through our partnership with Janglo, Jerusalem’s largest online community for English speakers.
- 10:15 – 11:30am Ideas on the Meaning of Being a Jew. Peta Jones Pellach
- 11:45am – 1pm Book of Jonah, story & allegory. Rabbi Robert I. Rhodes
- 10:15 – 11:15am Tefilla – Personal Growth & Deepening Spiritual Connection. Rav Ariel Tal. A series of four classes cosponsored with Machon Meir
- 11:30am – 12:30 pm Hebrew Reading Clinic. Rabbi Rhodes
- Dec 7 & 21 at 7 – 8:15pm Conversations on Israel: the Challenges of Sovereignty. Calev Ben-Dor
- Dec 21 at 8:30pm Yishai Fleisher
Thursdays (Mornings & One Evening)
- 10:15 – 11:30am Spontaneous Midrash (Bibliodrama): Joseph in Technicolour. Yael Unterman
- 11:45am – 12:45pm Pirkei avot, the Rabbis on Relationships. Rav Menachem Weinberg. A series of four classes cosponsored with Machon Meir
- Dec 22 at 7:45pm Channukah – Embracing our Inner Light. Rav Sam Shor. A monthly shiur cosponsored with the Orthodox Union (No charge)
The suggested donation is 20 shekels per class.
All morning classes continue through Channukah.
Sponsorships are available for these and future programs, classes and events.